Chiropractic Treatment Effective for a Number of Conditions
Unfortunately, back pain issues are fairly common in our society today. In fact, according to the American Chiropractic Association (ACA), approximately 31 million people in the U.S. are stricken with back pain right this moment, and your chances of experiencing some type of back pain in your life are as high as 80%. While chiropractic treatment is effective for these types of issues, it can also help alleviate or treat other conditions as well.
Here are just a few:
- Neck Pain. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, had a slip and fall, or done something to otherwise cause pain to your neck, a visit or two to your Arlington chiropractor can help you increase your mobility and decrease your pain.
- Headaches. It is estimated that nine out of 10 people suffer from headaches, making this issue a major concern to your overall quality of life. Chiropractic treatment can help relieve the stress in your neck and correct any spinal issues contributing to the pain.
- Leg Pain. Pain that shoots down your leg, or sciatica as it is called clinically, occurs when your sciatic nerve is impinged in some way. Therefore, correcting the alignment of the spine is essential to fixing the issue long-term.
- Joint Pain. If you have pain and tenderness in your hips, knees, or other joints, it is possible that Dr. Ernst, your Arlington chiropractor of choice, can offer you relief so that you can move about more freely and with less discomfort.
- General Health. While all of the previous conditions deal with pain, chiropractic has also been found to be extremely beneficial to your general health and well-being. Having a properly aligned spine helps you sleep better, have higher amounts of energy, and assists your body’s other systems with functioning efficiently.
Chiropractic Treatment Remedies
Depending upon your particular condition, the length of time you’ve had the issue, and the cause of it, Dr. Ernst will recommend a specific course of treatment. It may include spinal manipulations, rehabilitative exercises, massage therapy, or anything else that he feels would be beneficial to you and increase the speed of your healing.
Call Ernst Chiropractic Clinic today and see what we can do for you!
American Chiropractic Association website. http://www.acatoday.org/patients/index.cfm. Accessed September 29, 2014.